Tables of Uses and Resources by FU
IBGE advances in the use of fiscal information for statistical production
October 29, 2021 10h00 AM | Last Updated: November 03, 2021 12h18 PM
- IBGE releases Matrices of the production account of 2018 with regional detailing and advances in the methodology of transforming fiscal records into statistics.
- Developed as experimental statistics, it is the first time that this information is released by Federation Unit.
- Project is part of the technical cooperation agreement with the Special Secretariat of Federal Revenue.
- This is the first step in the release of Tables of Resources and Uses by Federation Unit. Next year, the IBGE will publish
- the sets of tables related to the remaining supply (imports) and demand (final consumption, investment, stock change and exports).
The IBGE launches today the Tables of Resources and Uses by Federation Unit: Matrices of the 2018 production account. This is the first time that the IBGE releases this information, detailed by Federation Unit. Therefore, it is included in the category of experimental statistics. The matrices at national level are already published since the 1990s.
“The crux of the matter is that we are advancing in the methodology that transforms fiscal records into statistics,” highlights Alessandra Poça, manager of Regional Accounts. In addition to the data sources usually compiled, the IBGE also used information from fiscal documents, received through a technical cooperation agreement with the Secretariat of the Federal Revenue. One of the objectives of the agreement is to use fiscal data to provide regionalized information about the economic activity, preserving the confidentiality of the tax payers.
Mainly consulted by expert users and governments, the Tables of Resources and Uses (TRUs) show the relations between supply and demand, detailing the flows by activity and product, as well as the generation of value added in each economic activity.
“For example, the tables show, for each state, what is the structure of the industry, which sector weights more, how much each activity produces and how much they consume to produce. That is what we call production account,” explains Cristiano Martins, manager of Goods and Services.
Developed as experimental statistics, the matrices of the production account bring the production matrix and the intermediate consumption matrix. “This is the first step of this project. Next year, we will publish the second set of tables related to the remaining supply (imports) and demand (final consumption, investment, change in stocks and exports), completing the Tables of Resources and Uses by Federation Unit,” clarifies Poça.
She also highlights that the reference year of the information is 2018 and, as experimental statistics, releases related to other periods are not scheduled.