Nossos serviços estão apresentando instabilidade no momento. Algumas informações podem não estar disponíveis.

Agricultural storage capacity rises 3.5%, staying at 175.5 million tonnes in first semester

November 13, 2019 09h00 AM | Last Updated: November 19, 2019 04h11 PM

The total storage capacity available for stocking in Brazil, recorded in the first semester of 2019, was of 175.5 million tonnes, 3.5% higher than in the previous semester. Having registered 43.9 million tonnes, Mato Grosso remained the leader in stocking capacity. The stock of agricultural products added up to 63.7 million tonnes, an increase of 9.4% against the 58.3 million tonnes stocked on June 30, 2018. Soybeans (34.8 million tonnes) registered the highest volume stocked, followed by corn (18.5 million), rice (4.8 million), wheat (1.9 million) and coffee (1.1 million).

Please consult the support material for more information.

Central-West up 7.9% in amount of active establishments

The Survey of Stocks point out a 3.5% increase in total available storage capacity in Brazil for the first semester of 2019. The total was 175.5 million metric tons in active establishments in the survey.

In terms of storage capacity, silos predominate in the country, reaching 84.7 million metric tons in the first half of 2019, which represents 48.3% of total storage capacity. Compared to the second half of 2018, the silos presented a 3.5% increase in capacity. Next are automated and bulk warehouses, which reached 66.7 million metric tons of available storage capacity, an increase of 4.8%. This type of storage accounts for 38.0% of national stock. Regarding conventional, structural and inflatable warehouses, the total is 24.0 million metric tons, which represents an increase of 0.3% compared to the second half of 2018.

With 7,977 active establishments in the first half of 2019, the Survey of Stocks showed an increase of 2.4% in the number of establishments, when compared to the survey of the second half of 2018. The Central-West was the region with the highest growth (7.9%). Increases also took place in the North (3.6%), Northeast (0.2%) and South (0.1%), while the Southeast had a fall of 0.2%.

Corn and coffee stocks up; wheat, rice and soybean stocks down

In relation to the main agricultural products, the stocks of corn (73.4%) and coffee (43.0%) increased compared to the first half of 2018. But soybeans (-5.9%), rice (-2.3%) and wheat (-3.1%) fell.

Soybean stocks accounted for the largest volume (34.8 million metric tons), followed by corn (18.5 million), rice (4.8 million), wheat (1.9 million) and coffee (1.1 million). These products constitute 95.9% of the total stock of the products monitored by this survey, and the remaining 4.1% consist of cotton, black beans, colored beans and other grains and seeds.

Number of establishments and storage capacity,
by type, by Federation Units - Brazil - 1st half of 2019